Lone Worker Protection
Lone worker protection is once again focal point of the annual LONE WORKER SAFETY 2011 Conference & Exhibition on 10th May 2011 at the Olympia Conference Centre in London.
This positive and very informative annual event has now become a well established platform for professionals to exchange information, recommendations and codes of practice in reference to all aspects of working alone.
Providing a stage for all colleagues who share a genuine passion for lone worker protection with specific and up-to-date information, which will go far beyond theory alone, is something that should really be welcomed.
Why is this issue so important? According to an NHS Study 81% of workers are concerned about violence or aggression, and 56% of those in the NHS, Local Government and Housing Associations have experienced aggression at least once in their careers. Looking at more than 2.5 million lone workers in the UK alone, it is essential that we all meet our legal obligations.
Following a number of events focusing on general health and safety, organisations from the public and private sector have now expressed a great interest in the LONE WORKER SAFETY Conference & Exhibition, which will centre its attention specifically and directly on lone worker protection.
The need for improved protection has been recognised by industry experts from all over the UK. Craig Swallow, CEO of Connexion2, manufacturer of the UK’s leading lone worker protection device Identicom, is for example pleased once again to be associated with an event that is taking lone worker protection clearly serious. Craig said that last year was very well organised with some extremely valuable content provided by a number of quality speakers.
Trevor Barton MBE, Chairman of Professional Witness Ltd, has also announced his support. After 32 years within the police force and having been Chief Superintendent of Greater Manchester Police, he can certainly be seen as one of the countries real experts on this topic.
Everyone responsible for lone worker protection must understand all legal responsibilities to lone workers. The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and the
Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 and other laws do not make it illegal for employees to work alone, but they do place a responsibility on the employer to ensure that it is safe to do so.
Employers are responsible not just for their own employees but also for others who are affected by their work activities such as self-employed individuals and contractors.
However, those who work alone also have a responsibility to take reasonable care of themselves and others affected by their working activities. This includes co-operating with employers to ensure that their legal responsibilities are met.
You may also like
- Optimizing Energy Discover the Most Efficient Solar Panels
- Home Illumination Unleashing Solar Power for Residences
- 10kW Off-Grid Solar Pricing for Sustainable Power
- Efficient EcoFlow 160W Solar Panel for Portable Power Solutions
- Navigating Solar Companies to Steer Clear Of
- Portable Power Unleashing Solar Energy On-The-Go
- On-Grid Solar System Empowering Your Connection to Clean Energy
- Effortless Energy Solar Panel Installation
- Solar Elevation Enhancing Your Home with Solar Panels
- Effective Home Solar Harnessing Power for Efficiency
- Local Solar Panel Installers Find Efficient Solutions Near Me
- Powering the Future Leading Solar Energy Companies
- Guarding Sunshine Bird-Proofing Solar Panels
- Efficient EcoFlow 400W Solar Panel Solution for Green Power
- Local Solar Dealers Find Sustainable Solutions Nearby
- Maximizing Sunlight Efficient Solar Energy Installation
- Google’s Machine Learning Wonders Unveiled
- Solar Power Solutions Harness Clean Energy for Your Home
- Optimizing Energy Ground Mounted Solar Panels Guide
- Foldable Solar Panel Portable Power Unleashed
- Efficiency Unleashed Monocrystalline Solar Power
- SunPower Solar Panels Harnessing Sunlight for Maximum Efficiency
- Solar Elegance Innovative Roof Tiles Powering Tomorrow
- Maximizing Power High-Efficiency Solar Solutions
- Empowering Tomorrow The Advancements of Solaria Solar Panels
- Caravan Solar Panels Powering Your Mobile Adventure
- Affordable Solar Hot Water Systems Price Insights
- Empower Your Home Purchase Solar Panels Today!
- Generac Solar Panels Powering Your Tomorrow
- LLM Machine Learning Mastering the Art of Intelligent Systems